My Bhabhi gave birth to a son this February. To take care of the baby, Bhabhi's mother has come along with her. 

An old women that she is, she loves talking. And although I wouldn't want to be a part of her womanly and boring talks, I am always drawn into it. Since I am working from home these days, she feels that I am unemployed and keeps talking to me non-stop. Although I keep my eyes stuck to the computer and say hmm after long intervals, she won't take the signal that I am not interested in her talks. 

And her talks mechanically veer towards my marriage. What's worse, the talks are the same everyday. 

"I will be so very happy if you marry from devghar (the place where she lives)."

"I pray to God that your wife is as good as your other two sister-in-laws (both are from the same family)."

"Now your mother will know what it is to get a bride from an unknown family."

"I hoped that your nephew and neice are old enough to enjoy in your marriage."

God, does she have any other topic to discuss. I secretly fear that she wants me to marry her third and last daughter although she hadn't have the courage yet to raise the topic. My mother is already too vexed about marying my two elder brothers in the same house. 

Also this girl who is the sister of my Bhabhis, I would have never married her even if I was straight. God she is so shrewd; and the last time she came, we stopped talking because she would forever teach bad things to my Bhabhi. 

Still marriage is a thorny question. I have escaped it until now but how long shall I escape it. Some days the institution will get onto me and tie me with a girl who I may not love for her body, although I would want to love her for her heart. What's more, I like the normal relationship between men and women. How good would it have been if I was able to live one such relationship

Let's see, kya hota hai. My personal experience with life says that the more I leave an issue to the future, the more favourable result I get. There's no point losing my head over the issue. God always takes me out of my problems. 

So the best I can do now is leave the issue to future. If I am destined to marry a girl, so be it. Before that I won't be able to muster enough courage to come open before my parents and the public. 
Labels: , , | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Arpita Says:

    hey adi ,

    dont worry dear, pata hai har ghar ki same halat hai, my parents are very friendly to mme, they r not at all tensed ki beti ki shadee nahi hui...par parosiyoon ko jyada fikar rehtee hai, problem is these women dont have any thing else to do, so "khali dimag, shaitaan ka ghar".


  2. Adi Says:

    hmm very true. kam inko nahi hai, jan hamari nikalti hain


  3. Mistique Says:

    hey
    so very true adi.... i mean really even i ve left it to destiny..... even i ain't got enough courage to come out to my parents.. tho few of my friends know.... still if i am suppose to find a guy i will, else i ll tell my folks later in life ofcourse......


  4. Mistique Says:

    hey
    so very true adi....
    even i ve lert it to destiny..... i ain't got enough courage to come out to my parents... a few of my friends know but if i am suppose to find a guy, i will..... else i ll definitely have to tell them later in life ofcourse or simply marry a gay frnd of mine.... i don know.... will see....

    newy jus live life and don worry.......
    everythings gonna be alright in d end.... it always does !!!!


Post a Comment